SAFETY AND RESPONSIBILITY - Safety is probably the most important consideration when undertaking any form of cosmetic procedure. Our medical and advanced aesthetic practitioners will provide you with a friendly and honest opinion regarding your suitability for any treatments.
Dermal Filler Aftercare
1. Redness and swelling are normal. Bruising may also be visible.
2. You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days.
3. Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s) for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and “settle”.
4. Apply arnica gel as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
5. Do not wear make up for 6 hours after procedure
6. AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few hours and up to 2 to 3 days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
7. AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
8. You may take paracetamol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort if these are not contraindicated for you.
9. AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. You may wish to apply an SPF 50 or similar sunscreen.
10. Wait a minimum of six weeks (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.